Tacoma Yacht Club membership is open to boaters and non-boaters alike. Enjoy the benefits and privileges of belonging to a private club. This is your opportunity to meet and cruise with one of the best clubs on the West Coast. Joining us will be one of the best membership decisions you will ever make.
For more than 124 years Tacoma Yacht Club has managed to hold on to its basic principles. The goal of our founders was to build a yacht club with a warm and friendly attitude that meets the needs of its members. This attitude exists today just as it did in 1889 and our plan is to have these traditions continue.
TYC Clubhouse and Facilities
- 290 + slip sheltered marina with easy access to cruising in the Puget Sound
- Modern Clubhouse with beautiful views of Commencement Bay
- Active members may use the club-owned and leased outstations (Wollochet Bay, Oro Bay, Eagle Harbor, Deer Harbor, Swantown, Cornet Bay, and Dock Street)
- Active Members are also welcome at the reciprocal moorages offered by most of the yacht clubs on Puget Sound and in Western Canada
- Outstanding restaurant and lounge serving lunch, dinner, Sunday Brunch and more
- Private meeting rooms
- Catered receptions and banquets may be scheduled by club members. The club has a superb reputation for successful event planning and execution.
- Club Facilities can easily accommodate 20 to 300 people for special occasions (weddings, anniversaries, children’s events…)
For additional information on booking events contact:
Catering Manager Michelle Johnson (253) 752-3555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Activities & Events
- Organized Club Cruises for power and sail boats
- Shipmates women’s auxiliary
- Junior Sailing Program
- Competitive Sailing Fleet campaigning up and down the sound
- Many scheduled events to participate in or just enjoy watching.
- Boating fun since 1889
New Member Information
Active membership in the Tacoma Yacht Club also brings reciprocity to yacht clubs worldwide. Enjoy all the benefits while you are out of town or traveling the world.
Tacoma Yacht Club offers several types of membership:
- Active Membership is our most popular membership offers a full range of boating and club activities and privileges.
- Associate Membership is a very economical and allows the use of the restaurant, Clubhouse and attendance at Club social functions.
- Junior Membership is available to anyone 12 to 21 years old.
Click here for our Membership Fee Schedule.
We invite you to fill out and print a membership application. Or click here for a Junior Membership application. Applications must be signed, no digital signatures will be accepted. Applications can be turned in at the club, faxed to (253) 752-4470 or scanned and emailed to any of the below contacts. Membership requires sponsorship by at least two TYC members in good standing. If the applicant is not known to the required number of members in good standing, the Membership Chair(s) may assist in obtaining endorsements.
For further membership information contact:
Sandy Gerstberger 253.752.3555 x2 email@example.com
Member Services Manager
Christina Pupo 253.752.3555 x5 firstname.lastname@example.org